TODAY’S BLOG — Are you getting enough rest? Did you know there are seven different types? … Covid Chaos: The latest product to have a pandemic popularity burst is? … Police bust up a swingers party and get mistaken for the strippers …
Contests on The Morning Crave…
Story Tyme on The Morning Crave…
Story 1: Are You Getting Enough Rest? Did You Know There Are Seven Different Types?
We always talk about getting enough sleep. But a new article on Ted.com says there are actually SEVEN different types of rest we need. So are you getting enough of each one? Here are all seven, and what they mean . . .
- Physical rest, either passive or active. Passive includes sleeping or napping. Active means things like getting a massage, doing yoga, meditating, or just laying around.
- Mental rest. Letting your brain take a break is important too, especially if you work long hours. Ideally, you should take a mini-break every 20 minutes.
- Sensory rest. We’re constantly looking at screens now. So extended breaks are important. Especially after dinner and before bed.
- Creative rest. It’s kind of like mental rest, but even more focused on taking a break from problem-solving and brainstorming.
- Emotional rest. It means separating yourself from things that make you feel emotionally overwhelmed. Including friends and family.
- Social rest. It doesn’t just mean taking breaks from being social . . . which 2020 already handled for us pretty well. It also means leaning on the positive and supportive people in your life, and spending less time on the negative, destructive ones.
- Spiritual rest. No matter how you do it, it’s about finding a way to feel a larger sense of belonging, love, acceptance, and purpose.
Story 2: Covid Chaos: The Latest Product to Have a Pandemic Popularity Burst Is . . . Crocs
Here’s a fresh round-up of Covid insanity . . .
1. The latest random product that’s having a Covid popularity boost is: CROCS. Sales of Crocs went up 12% last year, which was more than double the growth they’d been predicting before the pandemic. And they’re expecting sales to go up 20% this year.
A spokesperson for Crocs says, quote, “We definitely benefited from consumer casualization” . . . which is corporate speak for “no one wears nice shoes anymore so they’re going with our ugly, easy, comfortable alternative.”
2. A woman in Quebec tried to get around a new Covid curfew by walking another PERSON on a leash . . . because you’re allowed out after curfew to walk a dog. The police gave her a ticket.
3. A Russian gymnast named Daria Shkurikhina, who won a gold medal in 2008, lost her home when she lit a candle . . . her cat knocked it over . . . and she couldn’t smell the smoke because of Covid. Fortunately, she was able to escape.
4. As if this period hasn’t been hard enough on kids, Virginia is considering going to year-round school because kids have fallen behind during distance learning.
5. Flu rates have plummeted this flu season . . . it’s almost like wearing masks, washing hands, and avoiding other people works. From September to December 2019, there were 65,000 flu cases in the U.S. . . . in 2020, there were 1,016.
Of course, the problem is that Covid is much more contagious . . . and since it can spread before people show symptoms, it’s easier to pass along.
6. Two gorillas at the San Diego Zoo have tested positive for Covid. These are the first known cases for any great apes.
Story 3: Police Bust Up a Swingers Party . . . And Get Mistaken for the Strippers
This is something that’s only supposed to happen in movies.
About 20 couples in Mar del Plata, Argentina got together at a farm over the weekend for an underground SWINGERS PARTY. But they didn’t have permission to hold a party with that many people during the pandemic, so the cops came.
And when the cops got there . . . the people at the party thought they were the STRIPPERS.
One of the cops says a woman pulled him aside and whispered, quote, “Look at your eyes. You’re getting me hot.”
All of the people at the party got citations for violating Covid protocols . . . and the owner of the farm will be looking at a fine.
So how did the cops find out about the party? The three people who were organizing it got into a fight during the planning, and two of them decided to leave the other one out . . . so that person ratted them out to the cops.
Survey Says: Win a Raising Canes Box Combo Meal AND a Kearney Cinema 8 Movie Pass!
11% of drinkers pledged to do THIS in January.
The Moore Yooou Knoooow: Random Facts to Feed Your Brain!
- Britney Spears and Gerald Ford are 19th cousins.
- In the novel “Forrest Gump”, Forrest is 6-foot-6, 242 pounds. The author, Winston Groom, says he pictured John Goodman playing him in a movie.
- The oldest cat in history lived to be 38 years and three days old . . . that’s about the equivalent of 169 in human years. It died in 2005.
- When a mosquito bites you, it needs to clear room in its body for the blood . . . so it pees on you.
- The two longest-running live-action sitcoms in TV history at 14 seasons are “The Adventures of Ozzie & Harriet” . . . and “It’s Always Sunny in Philadelphia”. And “Sunny” has been renewed to go at least 18 seasons.
The Morning Crave Blog Posts…
TODAY’S BLOG — Feeling lonely? An expert says an imaginary friend might help … Can money buy happiness? … Cats with smooshed faces can’t show emotion because of inbreeding … SUBMIT GOOD NEWS & VIEWS Contests on The Morning Crave… 7:20am Throwback Thursday (Amigos) 8:20am Survey Says?! (Raising Canes Box Combo Meal AND Kearney Cinema Movie…read more »
TODAY’S BLOG — A woman is going viral for her trick to use a lint roller to figure out if someone’s cheating on you … A mom’s brilliant way to tell her husband that she dented the car … A fake cop was arrested for stealing a donut … SUBMIT GOOD NEWS & VIEWS Contests on…read more »
TODAY’S BLOG — There might be something wrong with your body if you crave chocolate … The top dos and don’ts of drinking wine … A woman sends a note to a jail giving it four-and-a-half stars for her stay … Contests on The Morning Crave… 7:20am Story Problem Tuesday (Amigos) 8:20am Survey Says?! (Raising Canes…read more »
TODAY’S BLOG — A Chinese restaurant is going viral for its very honest menu descriptions … A woman gets revenge on her cheating boyfriend by dumping glitter all over his apartment … A car thief finds a kind the backseat so he turns around to lecture the mom about responsibility … SUBMIT GOOD NEWS & VIEWS…read more »