TODAY’S BLOG — New Music Friday: “cardigan” by Taylor Swift … Four things to look forward to in August … The 10 signs your relationship will fail, according to science … A woman goes on a rampage after she comes home to find her husband with another woman …
Contests on The Morning Crave…
New Music Friday: “cardigan” by Taylor Swift
Listen on-air at 6:40a, 7:40a, and 8:40a!
New Music Friday: “my future” by Billie Eilish
Story Tyme on The Morning Crave…
Story 1: Four Things to Look Forward to in August
Here are four things to look forward to in August despite the pandemic.
- In sports, Major League Baseball and the NBA got under way this week, and the NHL will join them this weekend. The season resumes tomorrow, after being on hold since mid-March.
- On TV, “Big Brother” returns to CBS next Wednesday, and it’s an All-Star season . . . Shark Week is back on Discovery a week from Sunday, on August 9th . . . and the “Video Music Awards” are set to air on MTV on August 30th.
- There are a couple things happening in OUTER SPACE that you can enjoy while still social distancing. SpaceX’s Crew Dragon Demo-2 mission will return to Earth from the International Space Station this Sunday. (You can watch it on Space.com.)
There’s also going to be a full Moon this Sunday morning . . . it’s called a Full Sturgeon Moon. And the Perseid Meteor Shower is going on now, but it’ll peak on August 11th and 12th between midnight and dawn. Just go outside and look up.
- There are no federal holidays in August, so you’re not going to get any days off work. But there are a TON of fun, smaller holidays, including: National Girlfriends Day tomorrow . . . Friendship Day on Sunday . . . Chocolate Chip Cookie Day on the 4th . . .
National Underwear Day on the 5th . . . International Beer Day on the 7th . . . National Relaxation Day on the 15th . . . our personal favorite, National Radio Day on August 20th . . . and National Dog Day on the 26th.
Story 2: The 10 Signs Your Relationship Will Fail, According to Science
Science is having a rough time making friends these days . . . and telling people their relationships are doomed isn’t going to help.
A new scientific study out of Western University in Ontario, Canada found there are 10 factors that can predict if a relationship is likely to fail.
The 10 factors are, in no particular order:
Your partner’s commitment . . . appreciation . . . sexual satisfaction . . . how satisfied you think your partner is . . . conflict . . . life satisfaction overall . . . negativity overall . . . depression . . . commitment issues . . . and issues with depending on others.
And if some or all of those are serious issues in your relationship and your life . . . well, that’s not a good sign for your relationship.
But it’s not a GUARANTEE you’re doomed. The researchers say if you’re both working on building and strengthening your relationship, that can reduce the negative factors over time and improve the odds you stay together.
Story 3: A Woman Goes on a Rampage After She Comes Home to Find Her Husband with Another Woman
There’s a 29-year-old woman named Nicole Denison from Safety Harbor, Florida and she works as a flight attendant for Allegiant Air. Well . . . it looks like her husband got confused about her work schedule.
Because Nicole got home around 11:00 P.M. on Wednesday and found her 34-year-old husband having sex with another woman.
And Nicole went on a RAMPAGE. She started swinging at her husband and hit him in his face and his arm.
Then she pulled an “Animal House”, grabbed his acoustic guitar, and smashed it against the wall . . . which destroyed the guitar AND put a huge hole in the wall.
Nicole was arrested for misdemeanor domestic battery.
Survey Says: Win a Raising Canes Box Combo AND a Kearney Cinema 8 Movie Pass!
A new survey asked people to name the factors that make a great party, (for when parties are happening again) and THIS tops the list.
The Moore Yooou Knoooow: Random Facts to Feed Your Brain!
- Anderson Cooper doesn’t have any formal journalism training. He got his degree in political science from Yale and did his summer internships at the CIA.
- It’s illegal to mispronounce the word “Arkansas” in Arkansas. You probably won’t get arrested for calling it Ar-kan-zis . . . but they won’t be happy.
- Redheads have less hair on their heads than people with other hair colors. The average redhead has 90,000 strands of hair . . . versus 110,000 strands for blonds and 140,000 strands for brunettes. But red hair is THICKER than the other two.
- Cassius Clay never legally changed his name to Muhammad Ali . . . mainly because in the 1960s, you didn’t need to. The Social Security Administration didn’t require a legal change to switch your info on your Social Security card.
- Woody Harrelson’s father, Charles, was a HITMAN who was convicted of killing a federal judge in Texas in 1979. He died in federal prison doing a life sentence.
The Morning Crave Blog Posts…
RECENT LOCAL UPDATES AS OF 8-12-20 . . . The Nebraska Cattlemen’s Classic will host its first Pop-Up Beef Event on August 22nd at the Buffalo County Fairgrounds in Kearney. The goal of the event is to give NCC youth buyers an opportunity to exhibit their cattle. The 30th Nebraska Cattlemen’s Classic will be February…read more »
TODAY’S BLOG — The last Blockbuster in the world is being rented out on Airbnb … A brand is selling a $700 digital shirt that’s photoshopped onto you … A guy gets a fine for breaking lockdown to get away from his roommate’s loud sex … VIEW GOOD NEWS & VIEWS SUBMIT GOOD NEWS & VIEWS…read more »
RECENT UPDATES AS OF 8-11-20 . . . Hastings Kiwanis is installing outdoor musical playgrounds at eight area schools. They started the $80,000 project to celebrate its 100th anniversary and give back to the community. Most ensembles include seven tall tubular bells, a large babel drum and colorful rainbow sambas. Community members can get medication…read more »
TODAY’S BLOG — The secret to avoiding ice cream freezer burn … The states with the most attractive people … The future of snow days … VIEW GOOD NEWS & VIEWS SUBMIT GOOD NEWS & VIEWS Contests on The Morning Crave… 7:20am Story Problem Tuesday (Amigos) 8:20am Survey Says?! (Raising Canes Box Combo Meal AND Kearney Cinema 8…read more »