TODAY’S BLOG — New Music Friday: “Clouds” by NF … The food every state hates the most … Skittles has released camouflage packs to make Easter hunts harder … A wanted guy gives himself up after he can’t take quarantine life with his roomates anymore …
Contests on The Morning Crave…
New Music Friday: “Clouds” by NF
Listen on-air at 6:40am, 7:40am, and 8:40am on HITS 106!
Story Tyme on The Morning Crave…
Story 1: Here’s the Food Every State Hates the Most
Your childhood self is still somewhere inside of you . . . and it’s just as picky an eater as it ever was.
A new study figured out the food that every state HATES the most, based on Google search data. And here are the results . . .
- Olives, 13 states hate them the most.
- Anchovies, 12 states (including Nebraska).
- Eggplant, five states.
- A tie between beets, bologna, sushi (???), and turkey bacon, with four states each.
- Well-done steak, two states.
- A tie between carrots and pickles, with one state each.
The people who ran the study say there were some foods that are hated a lot, but not enough to be number one in any state, including cottage cheese . . . tuna . . . liver . . . tomatoes . . . and peas.
Story 2: Skittles Has Released Camouflage Packs to Make Easter Hunts Harder
Skittles is rolling out a new product right now called “Impossible Egg Hunt” Skittles. They’re fun-size packages that are printed with camouflage so they’ll be trickier for kids to find during Easter hunts.
The packages have five designs: Grass . . . tree bark . . . asphalt . . . kitchen tile . . . and snow.
The other side of the package has regular Skittles branding, so make sure to hide these camouflage-side up.
You should be able to find these in stores now.
Story 3: A Wanted Guy Gives Himself Up After He Can’t Take Quarantine Life with His Roommates Anymore
The pandemic fights crime?
There’s a guy in West Sussex, in the U.K., who was wanted by the police. (We don’t know why he was wanted.)
And he turned himself in earlier this week . . . because, according to the police, he told them, quote, “he would rather go back to prison than have to spend more time with the people he was living with.”
So he chose PRISON and, quote, “peace and quiet” over spending more time locked down with his roommates.
News of the WEIRD: SO WEIRD IT’S NEWS!
Biologists accidentally found life under Antarctica. They threaded a tiny camera down a 3,000-foot borehole in an ice shelf to look at the seabed. And it landed on a boulder with 16 sea sponges and 22 tiny animals that look like barnacles. No one’s sure how they survive there.
And a team of sleep scientists found you can still communicate with people while they’re dreaming. Volunteers were able to hear and answer questions, even while they were technically asleep. The study involved people who can “lucid dream,” which is when you’re aware you’re dreaming, and can even control what happens in them.
Possible Trivia: Win Amigos!
NASA’s Perseverance rover landed on what planet yesterday and sent back its first photo a few minutes later?
Survey Says: Win a Kearney Cinema 8 Movie Pass!
Because of the pandemic, 54% of single people now prefer THIS.
The Moore Yooou Knoooow: Random Facts to Feed Your Brain!
- On hospital TV shows, CPR saves people’s lives about two-thirds of the time. In real life, it only saves people’s lives about 10% to 20% of the time.
- The World Series has been a best-of-nine four times instead of the traditional best-of-seven: 1903, 1919, 1920, and 1921. The goal was to generate more revenue by having more games.
- Elvis only held three concerts outside of the U.S. in his entire career. They were all in Canada in 1957.
- The closest distance between the U.S. and Africa is 3,154 miles from Quoddy Head, Maine to El Beddouza, Morocco. That’s about 200 miles less than going from the same spot in Maine to San Diego.
- Samuel L. Jackson was supposed to have a giant Afro in “Pulp Fiction” . . . but the production assistant who went to get him a wig didn’t know the difference between an afro and a Jheri curl.
The Morning Crave Blog Posts…
TODAY’S BLOG — New Music Friday: “Only Wanna Be With You” by Post Malone … Roombas are now acting like “drunk” people after a recent update … A woman attacks her roommate with a frying pan, then a broomstick, then a knife, then an axe … SUBMIT GOOD NEWS & VIEWS Contests on The Morning Crave… 7:20am …read more »
TODAY’S BLOG — Five cooking mistakes you’re making, according to chefs … Cargo pants are back in style … The reason why Oreo keeps pumping out weird flavors … SUBMIT GOOD NEWS & VIEWS Contests on The Morning Crave… 7:20am Possible Trivia (Amigos) 8:20am Survey Says?! (Kearney Cinema 8 Movie Pass AND Long John Silvers) 9:30am …read more »
TODAY’S BLOG — Your toothbrush probably isn’t covered in poop after all … TSA’s weirdest catch last year was someone with a dead baby shark … A woman in a motorized wheelchair robs a bank … SUBMIT GOOD NEWS & VIEWS Contests on The Morning Crave… 7:20am Possible Trivia (Amigos) 8:20am Survey Says?! (Kearney Cinema 8…read more »
TODAY’S BLOG — If you could pick one age to be the rest of your life, what would you choose? … Cheese is not bad for you after all, according to science … “Crop circles” have appeared on a frozen creek in Alabama … SUBMIT GOOD NEWS & VIEWS Contests on The Morning Crave… 7:20am Possible…read more »