We’ll Spend $165 on Valentine’s Day, Plus Six More V-Day Stats
FULL STORY: If your Valentine’s Day gift gets a bad reaction, blame COVID. 52% of us will celebrate Valentine’s Day this year, but spending is down across the board. The average is $165, 31 bucks less than last year. Here are six more quick stats . . .
1. Men will spend an average of $231. Women will only spend $101.
2. The top five people we’re spending on are our significant other or spouse . . . other family members . . . our friends . . . our kids’ classmates and teachers . . . and our pets. And around one in seven people will also buy THEMSELVES a gift.
3. The most popular gifts this year are candy . . . cards . . . flowers . . . and an evening out. But only one in four people are going out this year, which is the lowest EVER.
4. 41% are planning a special dinner or celebration at home instead.
5. 73% of people who are celebrating think it’s especially important to do something for Valentine’s Day this year.
6. And an annual study on the best CITIES for Valentine’s Day found the top five are San Francisco . . . Honolulu . . . Portland, Oregon . . . Seattle . . . and San Jose, California.
Reido's Blogs - Random Thoughts
This video is very cool as we now have video of the rover landing on Mars. Truly amazing how all this is long programmed into the computers and timing all critical along with all the elements that have to work in order to land. Looking forward to all the images and video coming from Mars….even…read more »
We’ll Spend $165 on Valentine’s Day, Plus Six More V-Day Stats FULL STORY: If your Valentine’s Day gift gets a bad reaction, blame COVID. 52% of us will celebrate Valentine’s Day this year, but spending is down across the board. The average is $165, 31 bucks less than last year. Here are six more quick…read more »
Alaska is on my bucket list to visit or a least part of the big state. I would really like to drive the Great Alaskan highway through Canada as part of the journey. I have known people who have done this and would highly recommend that I do. That would be a 6 week vacation….hmmmm…read more »
I have visited this magical place Uluru (also known as Ayers Rock) twice in my lifetime. Great views from on top but climbing is barred at this time. Drones give us an awesome perspective of this famous rock in the middle of Australia. Amazing shapes and visuals. REIDO ON TWITTER Tweets by @ReidoHits106 REIDO ON…read more »
I actually claim a few towns as hometowns since the fam moved a bit as a kid. The City of Perth in Western Australia is my birthplace and we did live here for a few years in the 1960’s and I went to Boarding School (Hale School for Boys) in the 1970’s. The is a…read more »
My interweb getaway are drone videos on You Tube. Being a Geography bloke I like the visual you get with drones and a whole new perspective of the layout of the land. Today it is the Grand Canyon. A place I have visited but not in this way! REIDO ON TWITTER Tweets by @ReidoHits106…read more »
I enjoy watching drone videos over scenic landscapes as you often get a slow mo perspective that you otherwise would never see. About the closest you get to flying with no assistance from machinery or equipment. Since we are still in a limited travel period with damn covid it is another virtual reality C-19 roadtrip…read more »