TODAY’S BLOG — New holiday traditions people are creating this year … The most popular Thanksgiving pie in Nebraska and every state … A man goes to the doctor for depression over his wife’s affair and turns out the affair was with the doctor …
Contests on The Morning Crave…
7:20am Numbers Game (Amigos)
7:50am A Thankful Grand Sign Up (1,000 Buffalo Bucks)
8:20am Survey Says?! (Raising Canes Box Combo Meal AND Kearney Cinema 8 Movie Pass)
Story Tyme on The Morning Crave…
Story 1: Here Are the New Holiday Traditions People Are Creating This Year
As much as we all wish things were back to normal by now, they aren’t. And with the holiday season officially starting this week . . . well, it’ll just have to look a little different.
A new survey asked people if they’re creating any NEW traditions this year because of the circumstances. Here are the top five answers . . .
- Dropping off surprise presents at people’s houses.
- Doing Zoom meals with extended family.
- Having a day where everyone disconnects from all their devices.
- Making homemade decorations.
- Baking a specific recipe as a family.
The survey also found there is at least SOME bright side to not being able to see so many people in person for the holidays. 45% of people are looking forward to NOT having to answer a bunch of personal questions.
Story 2: Here’s the Most Popular Thanksgiving Pie in Every State
A new study found the most popular Thanksgiving pie in every state. And this is such a landslide that no amount of press conferences at landscaping companies next to sex toy shops could make people question it.
The jobs website Zippia analyzed Google Trends data from last November to figure out what pies people in every state were baking or buying the most.
And this isn’t surprising . . . but pumpkin pie won 42 out of the 50 states.
Pecan won five states, all in the South. Apple pie won the other three states, all in the Northeast.
There were two other pies that saw a lot of searches but not enough to win any state . . . those are sweet potato pie and cream pie.
Nebraska . . . pumpkin.
Story 3: A Man Goes to the Doctor for Depression Over His Wife’s Affair . . . Turns Out the Affair Was with the Doctor
Here’s something that feels like it could ONLY happen in a movie, but it actually happened to some poor guy in real life.
A 47-year-old guy named Peirson Tone from Bend, Oregon was depressed a few years ago when his marriage fell apart because his wife had an affair.
So he went to the family doctor, a guy named Ronald Rosen, to get both counseling and a prescription for his depression.
But after the appointment, he found out who his wife had the affair with. And yeah, you got it: It was with Ronald.
So Peirson just sued Ronald for $2.9 million for professional negligence.
Survey Says: Win a Raising Canes Box Combo Meal AND a Kearney Cinema 8 Movie Pass!
THIS is one of the top things we missed this year because of the pandemic.
The Moore Yooou Knoooow: Random Facts to Feed Your Brain!
- Every time DJ Jazzy Jeff was on “The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air”, he wore the same outfit . . . so they could reuse the footage of him getting thrown out of the front door by Uncle Phil and not risk him getting hurt if they filmed it again.
- The Energizer Bunny ad campaign was famous, but it didn’t help sales . . . in fact, Energizer’s sales went down during the years it ran.
- Tornados ARE more likely to hit trailer parks. It’s because tornados are most likely to hit places where the landscape makes a big change, like from tall buildings to farmland . . . and trailer parks are usually built just on the outskirts of cities.
- People in North Korea believe hamburgers were invented by Kim Jong-il in 2009 and Mickey Mouse was created by China. They’re also taught that Lady Gaga is a man.
- The first time there was nudity on TV in the United States was in 1973, when PBS aired the play “Steambath”.
The Morning Crave Blog Posts…
TODAY’S BLOG — Feeling lonely? An expert says an imaginary friend might help … Can money buy happiness? … Cats with smooshed faces can’t show emotion because of inbreeding … SUBMIT GOOD NEWS & VIEWS Contests on The Morning Crave… 7:20am Throwback Thursday (Amigos) 8:20am Survey Says?! (Raising Canes Box Combo Meal AND Kearney Cinema Movie…read more »
TODAY’S BLOG — A woman is going viral for her trick to use a lint roller to figure out if someone’s cheating on you … A mom’s brilliant way to tell her husband that she dented the car … A fake cop was arrested for stealing a donut … SUBMIT GOOD NEWS & VIEWS Contests on…read more »
TODAY’S BLOG — There might be something wrong with your body if you crave chocolate … The top dos and don’ts of drinking wine … A woman sends a note to a jail giving it four-and-a-half stars for her stay … Contests on The Morning Crave… 7:20am Story Problem Tuesday (Amigos) 8:20am Survey Says?! (Raising Canes…read more »
TODAY’S BLOG — A Chinese restaurant is going viral for its very honest menu descriptions … A woman gets revenge on her cheating boyfriend by dumping glitter all over his apartment … A car thief finds a kind the backseat so he turns around to lecture the mom about responsibility … SUBMIT GOOD NEWS & VIEWS…read more »