TODAY’S BLOG — New Music Friday: “My Ex’s Best Friend” by Machine Gun Kelly and blackbear … New spicy ghost pepper donut … New board games based on Kraft Mac and Cheese, Heinz Ketchup, and Jell-O … Coronavirus Insanity: Secret pregnancies, Ferris wheel dining, and more …
Contests on The Morning Crave…
New Music Friday: “My Ex’s Best Friend” by Machine Gun Kelly and blackbear
Listen on-air at 6:40am, 7:40am, and 8:40am!
Story Tyme on The Morning Crave…
Story 1: Dunkin’ Has a New Spicy Ghost Pepper Donut
I’m not sure anyone was asking for a flamin’ hot donut, but here you go.
Dunkin’ just announced a new product they’re selling for Halloween . . . the Spicy Ghost Pepper Donut.
It’s a regular donut covered in a strawberry icing . . . with a HOT red sugar sprinkled on top.
If you’re interested, they should be on sale today.
Story 2: There Are New Board Games Based on Kraft Mac and Cheese, Heinz Ketchup, and Jell-O
Kraft Heinz just launched a three-pack of games based on Kraft Mac and Cheese . . . Heinz Ketchup . . . and Jell-O. The first two are dice games and the third is a card slapping game. And their game boxes look like the food packaging.
The three-pack of games is being sold exclusively at Target for $20. So buy it for someone this Christmas to get that coveted, “Hmm, thanks, I guess?” reaction.
Story 3: Coronavirus Insanity: Secret Pregnancies, Ferris Wheel Dining, and More
Here’s a fresh batch of coronavirus insanity . . .
1. “Secret pregnancies“ are on the rise during the pandemic. Since people are staying home . . . and only appearing on Zoom from the chest up . . . women can keep their pregnancies hidden from coworkers and other people until they WANT to share the news.
And they’re taking advantage of that to avoid some of the downsides of people knowing you’re pregnant . . . as one woman said, quote, “A lot of people assume . . . you’re not mentally there, and that’s clearly not true.”
2. Here’s a new way to keep people socially distanced at a restaurant: Have them sit in their own Ferris wheel cars while they eat. There’s a restaurant in San Diego that’s planning to set that up in the next few months.
3. A guy in Texas who managed to get $17.7 million in PPP loans for businesses he only incorporated after the CARES Act started blew the money on houses, a Bentley, and more. He’s now been arrested on several federal fraud charges.
4. The Encore at Wynn casino in Las Vegas will now close from Monday through Thursday, quote, “until consumer demand for Las Vegas increases.”
5. The administration at Brigham Young University’s campus in Idaho is threatening to suspend any students who are purposely trying to get coronavirus so they can sell their plasma once they recover.
6. Some people around the country are starting to hoard food and, yes, toilet paper again in preparation for the next surge of coronavirus.
Survey Says: Win a Raising Canes Box Combo Meal AND Kearney Cinema 8 Movie Pass!
Contest is postponed to Monday — there will be two winners!
The Moore Yooou Knoooow: Random Facts to Feed Your Brain!
- The female blanket octopus is over 70 times larger than the male. She’s six feet, he’s less than an inch. So for mating, he basically just swims in, breaks his junk inside of her, then swims off.
- Denmark has had five different prime ministers since 1993. Three of them had the last name Rasmussen, and none of them are related.
The Morning Crave Blog Posts…
TODAY’S BLOG — New Music Friday: “Positions” by Ariana Grande … The ten states people hate the most and the least … Coronavirus Insanity: Opting out of aging, Macy’s won’t have Santa, and more … Light a mashed potato-scented candle to get in the spirit this Thanksgiving … VIEW GOOD NEWS & VIEWS SUBMIT GOOD NEWS & VIEWS…read more »
TODAY’S BLOG — What’s the moment when you realized “wow, I’m old?” … A woman brings 23 relatives on a blind date to test the guy’s generosity … There’s a new Elf on the Shelf cereal coming to stores … VIEW GOOD NEWS & VIEWS SUBMIT GOOD NEWS & VIEWS Contests on The Morning Crave… 7:20am …read more »
TODAY’S BLOG — An advice column on when to let someone give you advice … Dim romantic lighting can make your food taste worse … A suspect repeatedly tells the cops her name is “my butt just farted” … VIEW GOOD NEWS & VIEWS SUBMIT GOOD NEWS & VIEWS Contests on The Morning Crave… 7:20am Whatchamacallit…read more »
LOCAL UPDATES AS OF 10-20-20 . . . Nebraska will reopen a series of federally funded grant programs to help small businesses and nonprofits that are struggling due to the coronavirus pandemic. Nebraska has $160 million available from the $1 billion it received under the federal CARES Act. The state will accept applications for assistance…read more »