TODAY’S BLOG — New Music Friday: “Savage Love (Laxed – Siren Beat)” by Jason Derulo and Jawsh 685 … Coronavirus Insanity: A rise in broken hearts, a year in jail for not wearing a mask, and more … Barbados is offering a 12-month visa for remote workers if you want to escape to a Caribbean island … There’s a new flavor of Busch Light …
Contests on The Morning Crave…
New Music Friday: “Savage Love (Laxed – Siren Beat)” by Jason Derulo and Jawsh 685!
Listen at 6:40am, 7:40am, and 8:40am!
Story Tyme on The Morning Crave…
Story 1: Coronavirus Insanity: A Rise in Broken Hearts, a Year in Jail for Not Wearing a Mask, and More
Here’s a fresh round-up of coronavirus insanity . . .
- Cases of broken heart syndrome are up since the pandemic started. Broken heart syndrome is when your heart becomes enlarged and has trouble pumping blood because of intense emotional or physical stress.
- The town of Englewood, Colorado is threatening people with up to one year in jail for not wearing a mask.
- Seven out of 10 Americans think grocery shopping will change forever because of the pandemic . . . with a lot more people using grocery delivery services even after this is all over.
- The town of Tenino, Washington has printed its own currency to help its economy during the pandemic. Anyone in town who’s lost out on income recently gets $300 worth of the bills to spend at local businesses each month. And then the businesses turn them in to City Hall for U.S. dollars.
- We’d heard before that Japan was making a rule for its re-opened amusement parks that you can’t scream on roller coasters . . . and now there’s a video of two theme park officials riding a roller coaster showing how to suppress your screams.
- One in five people have had a package stolen from outside their home since the pandemic started.
- Senator Jeff Merkley, a Democrat from Oregon, is introducing a bill to ban airlines from selling middle seats during the pandemic . . . after he recently flew on American and was horrified by how they packed people into the plane.
- Chick-fil-A has indefinitely postponed its annual Cow Appreciation Day, which is a day in early July when they give away free food. And Starbucks will now require everyone to wear masks in their stores at all times.
- This is the OPPOSITE of good coronavirus cleaning procedures: A worker was spotted spit-shining baskets at a grocery store in Toronto.
- If you want to volunteer to test a coronavirus vaccine, there’s a new website up where you can apply.
Story 2: Barbados Is Offering a 12-Month Visa for Remote Workers If You Want to Escape to a Caribbean Island
Have you been thinking about riding out the pandemic somewhere kinda off the grid until the U.S. finally gets things under control? Here’s one very interesting option . . .
Barbados just announced they’ll be offering 12-month visas to anyone who wants to come to their country to work remotely.
They’re hoping to attract some workers who’ll help offset the economic losses they’re suffering from the drop in tourism.
They also think the 12-month timeframe works better during the pandemic, where international trips can require long quarantines both coming and going.
Barbados has only had 98 coronavirus cases and seven deaths, so all things considered, it could be a good place to ride this out. Plus, you know, it’s a beautiful Caribbean island and all that.
Story 3: There’s a New Flavor of Busch Light? Prepare for Busch Light Apple
I’m not sure if anyone’s buying Busch Light for the taste . . . you buy it for the price and, um, the price.
But this is happening anyway. Anheuser-Busch is rolling out a new fall flavor of Busch Light . . . Busch Light Apple.
It’s starting to hit stores now in the traditional Busch Light 30 packs . . . I’m not sure Busch Light is ever sold in any other quantity. There’s no word on how it tastes.
Anheuser-Busch debuts Busch Light Apple https://t.co/HfE5CkDRjW— The Brutal Hammer (@Brutal_Hammer) July 9, 2020
Survey Says: Win a Raising Canes Box Combo Meal AND a Kearney Cinema 8 Movie Pass!
A new survey asked fans about their sports food and drink traditions, habits, and preferences. 73% of people put THIS condiment on a hot dog they get at a stadium.
The Moore Yooou Knoooow: Random Facts to Feed Your Brain!
- Russian cosmonauts used to carry special pistols to space . . . so they could shoot any bears and wolves that attacked them when they landed in Siberia.
- The official bird of the city of Redondo Beach, California is the Goodyear Blimp.
- There’s one hour a day where it’s three different dates in three parts of the world. When it’s 11:00 P.M. Monday in American Samoa, it’s 5:00 A.M. Tuesday in New York, and 12:00 A.M. Wednesday in the Pacific island country Kiribati.
- The sentence “Anger? ‘Tis safe never. Bar it! Use love!” is a bilingual palindrome, which means it has the same meaning in Latin if you read it backwards. It becomes “Evoles ut ira breve nefas sit; regna,” which translates to “Rise up, in order that your anger may be but a brief madness; control it!”
- Diarrhea was the leading cause of death for troops in the Civil War, and soldiers had an honor code where they wouldn’t shoot someone who was pooping.
The Morning Crave Blog Posts…
RECENT LOCAL UPDATES AS OF 8-12-20 . . . The Nebraska Cattlemen’s Classic will host its first Pop-Up Beef Event on August 22nd at the Buffalo County Fairgrounds in Kearney. The goal of the event is to give NCC youth buyers an opportunity to exhibit their cattle. The 30th Nebraska Cattlemen’s Classic will be February…read more »
TODAY’S BLOG — The last Blockbuster in the world is being rented out on Airbnb … A brand is selling a $700 digital shirt that’s photoshopped onto you … A guy gets a fine for breaking lockdown to get away from his roommate’s loud sex … VIEW GOOD NEWS & VIEWS SUBMIT GOOD NEWS & VIEWS…read more »
RECENT UPDATES AS OF 8-11-20 . . . Hastings Kiwanis is installing outdoor musical playgrounds at eight area schools. They started the $80,000 project to celebrate its 100th anniversary and give back to the community. Most ensembles include seven tall tubular bells, a large babel drum and colorful rainbow sambas. Community members can get medication…read more »
TODAY’S BLOG — The secret to avoiding ice cream freezer burn … The states with the most attractive people … The future of snow days … VIEW GOOD NEWS & VIEWS SUBMIT GOOD NEWS & VIEWS Contests on The Morning Crave… 7:20am Story Problem Tuesday (Amigos) 8:20am Survey Says?! (Raising Canes Box Combo Meal AND Kearney Cinema 8…read more »