TODAY’S BLOG — Your most anticipated “life moment” … Phrases that can accidentally trigger Alexa, Siri, and Google Assistant … Hershey’s new Halloween candy (yes, Halloween) …
Contests on The Morning Crave…
Story Tyme on The Morning Crave…
Story 1: What’s Your Most Anticipated “Life Moment”? It Depends on How Old You Are
What’s the one big moment in life you’re looking forward to most?
A new survey asked people to name the top “life moments” they’re excited for, or remember being excited for. And the top answers depend on how old you are.
(They defined Gen Z as ages 18 to 23 . . . Millennials, 24 to 39 . . . Gen Xers, 40 to 55 . . . and Baby Boomers, 56 and above.)
- The top life moments for Gen Z are a three-way tie between traveling to new places . . . buying a house . . . and finishing school.
- For Millennials, the top three are having kids . . . buying a house . . . and traveling.
- For Gen X, it’s having kids . . . getting married . . . and buying a house.
- And for Baby Boomers, it’s having kids . . . getting married . . . and watching your grandkids grow up. Boomers were also the only ones who put “retirement” in their top five.
Story 2: Phrases That Can Accidentally Trigger Alexa, Siri, and Google Assistant
You might be surprised how often your virtual assistant THINKS you’re asking it a question. Because a new study in Germany found a ton of words that can accidentally trigger Alexa, Siri, and Google Assistant.
Researchers set devices up next to TVs, and played hundreds of hours of shows, like “Game of Thrones”, “Modern Family”, “House of Cards” and news broadcasts. And they found over 1,000 words and phrases that can trigger them.
They haven’t released the full list yet, but here are a few examples . . .
- Alexa can be triggered by the words “unacceptable” . . . “election” . . . and “a letter.”
- Google Home can be triggered by “Okay, cool” and “Okay, who’s reading.”
- Siri can be triggered by “a city” and “Hey, Jerry.”
- Microsoft Cortana gets confused by the word, “Montana.”
Story 3: Reese’s Is Making Green Peanut Butter Cups for Halloween
It’s hard to imagine what Halloween is going to look like this year. And while there may not be trick-or-treating or lots of parties . . . at least you can still stay home and gorge yourself on candy like any other year.
Hershey’s just revealed all the new candies they’re going to roll out for Halloween this year. And there’s one clear standout: GREEN “Frankenstein” Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups.
The tops of the peanut butter cups will still be the standard brown chocolate . . . but the bottom half will be bright GREEN. They say they’ll taste the same though.
Hershey’s is also going to sell “Vampire” Hershey’s Kisses with strawberry filling inside and green “Witch’s Brew” Kit Kats that taste like marshmallow.
These candies should all be available when stores put out their Halloween candy. In a normal year, that would be, like, tomorrow. This year, it might be a little later.
Some good news to brighten your day!— Ghoulia Childs (@GhouliaChilds) July 7, 2020
Hershey’s 2020 HALLOWEEN Candy Line 🎃👻🦇 pic.twitter.com/6XABEpqSZI
Whatchamacallit Wednesday: Win Amigos!
Whatchamacall an ice cream dessert that typically consists of one or more scoops of ice cream topped with sauce or syrup and in some cases other toppings such as: sprinkles, whipped cream, marshmallows, peanuts, maraschino cherries, or other fruits.
A. Ice cream sundae
Survey Says: Win a Raising Canes Box Combo Meal AND a Kearney Cinema 8 Movie Pass!
A new survey asked fans about their sports food and drink traditions, habits, and preferences. And half of people say they’ll eat around 20 of THIS while they watch football on a Saturday or Sunday.
The Moore Yooou Knoooow: Random Facts to Feed Your Brain!
- In “The Empire Strikes Back”, Emperor Palpatine was played by a woman named Marjorie Eaton. Her voice was dubbed over by a man, and she was replaced by Ian McDiarmid for the special edition of the movie in 2004.
- Martha Stewart has been struck by lightning three times.
- The tallest mountain in the world no one’s ever climbed to the top of is Gangkhar Puensum. It’s in the country Bhutan in Asia. It’s about 24,800 feet high, but because it’s a sacred religious site, people aren’t allowed to climb it.
- The domino in the Domino’s Pizza logo has three dots representing the company’s THREE locations in 1969. They planned to add a dot for every new store . . . but they expanded way too fast to keep up. Now they have about 17,000 locations worldwide.
- The heaviest dog ever was a St. Bernard named Benedictine who weighed 367 pounds.
The Morning Crave Blog Posts…
TODAY’S BLOG — Kraft is trying to make Macaroni-and-Cheese a breakfast food … Describe what you do for a living, but as a crime … A company is looking to hire couples to have sex on different mattresses … VIEW GOOD NEWS & VIEWS SUBMIT GOOD NEWS & VIEWS Contests on The Morning Crave… 7:20am Whatchamacallit Wednesday…read more »
TODAY’S BLOG — Should you put your sheets in the freezer to stay cool at night? … A cleaning expert says you should stop rinsing dishes before putting them in the dishwasher … A woman’s marble cutting board accidentally featured marbled genitalia … VIEW GOOD NEWS & VIEWS SUBMIT GOOD NEWS & VIEWS Contests on The Morning…read more »
TODAY’S BLOG — This kitchen challenge might make you throw away your wooden spoons … A relationship expert says you should never date a man in his 30s … Washington State has caught the first murder hornet in the United States … VIEW GOOD NEWS & VIEWS SUBMIT GOOD NEWS & VIEWS Contests on The Morning Crave……read more »
TODAY’S BLOG — New Music Friday: “cardigan” by Taylor Swift … Four things to look forward to in August … The 10 signs your relationship will fail, according to science … A woman goes on a rampage after she comes home to find her husband with another woman … VIEW GOOD NEWS & VIEWS SUBMIT GOOD…read more »