TODAY’S BLOG — Coronavirus Insanity: Fourth of July celebrations, apocalyptic movie fans handle the pandemic better, and more … The top-trending word of 2020 … There’s a new Swiss Miss hot chocolate with Lucky Charms marshmallows …
Contests on The Morning Crave…
Story Tyme on The Morning Crave…
Story 1: Coronavirus Insanity: Fourth of July Celebrations, Apocalyptic Movie Fans Handle the Pandemic Better, and More
Here’s a fresh round-up of coronavirus insanity . . .
- While many people celebrated the Fourth of July by staying away from crowds due to rising case numbers in the majority of states . . . that wasn’t the case everywhere.
A video showing tons of people, all packed in tight, with no masks at Diamond Lake in Cass County, Michigan went viral . . . figuratively and, eventually, probably literally too.
- A new study found people who are fans of apocalyptic movies are actually coping better with the pandemic than others. A psychologist says, quote, “You take the perspective of the characters, so you are unintentionally rehearsing the scenarios.”
- Here’s the story of a woman who spent “thousands of dollars” to look better on Zoom and says it was worth it.
- A politician in northern Spain has offered to resign after he accidentally broadcast himself showering during a meeting that was being livestreamed.
- A nursing home in Lopatcong Township, New Jersey posted “We beat COVID-19” on their sign, and they did . . . but only after 26 of their residents were killed by the virus.
- There’s an ad campaign from the operators of public transportation in Berlin, Germany telling people not to wear deodorant . . . so they smell so bad that it’ll make other people want to put on face masks.
- About 45 leaders of the Santa Clara Unified School District in California met in person last month to discuss re-opening plans for the fall . . . and now they’re all in quarantine after one of those people tested positive for coronavirus.
And the entire 12-person police force in Kemah, Texas is in quarantine after an officer tested positive.
- A guy in India is going viral for spending roughly $4,000 on a gold face mask.
- A woman in Arizona ripped all the masks off a display at Target and threw them on the ground. Then she told the cops she was a spokesperson for the White House. (Warning: Tons of cursing.)
In other mask insanity, people in Boise, Idaho burned free masks the city was giving out . . . a woman sat on the floor and refused to leave a Costco over masks . . . and there was a “shed the mask” rally with hundreds of people in Austin, Texas.
- An airport in Taiwan is offering “trips to nowhere” for people who miss traveling. You can check into a flight, go through security, board a plane, and then sit on it for half a day.
Story 2: The Top-Trending Word of 2020 Is “Covid” . . . and “Covid-19” Is Next
A group called the Global Language Monitor looks at the top-trending words each year. And “covid” has already CRUSHED the record for most cited word or phrase.
It’s been cited at least 100 TIMES more than every previous word of the year. And “Covid-19” is #2 on the list. Here are the Top 20 words for the first half of 2020 . . .
- Face mask.
- Social distancing.
- Trade war.
- Flatten the curve.
- Identity politics.
- Zoom meeting.
- Donald Trump.
In related news: Merriam-Webster added the word “irregardless” to its online dictionary, and they responded to some criticism on Twitter by tweeting, “Yep. English is literally dead.”
Yep. English is literally dead. https://t.co/hGVXeSNDV7— Merriam-Webster (@MerriamWebster) July 1, 2020
Story 3: There’s a New Swiss Miss Hot Chocolate with Lucky Charms Marshmallows
I can’t believe it took THIS long for this to exist.
Swiss Miss hot chocolate just teamed up with Lucky Charms to make . . . yes . . . hot chocolate mix with Lucky Charms marshmallows.
There’s no word on how it tastes . . . or how it looks when all those bright colors melt and swirl around in your brown hot chocolate . . . but it’s hitting stores now.
Survey Says: Win a Raising Canes Box Combo Meal AND a Kearney Cinema 8 Movie Pass!
According to a new survey, 75% of us are taking more EXTREME measures to avoid germs than we did, you know, before there was a global pandemic. THIS is the most common germ safety thing we’re doing now that we didn’t always do before.
The Moore Yooou Knoooow: Random Facts to Feed Your Brain!
- The country of Papua New Guinea has more than 820 languages . . . which represents about 12% of all languages spoken in the world. Most of their languages have fewer than 1,000 speakers.
- When martinis were developed in the 1920s, the ratio of gin to vermouth was two to one. The amount of vermouth kept dropping, and now, the ratio is six to one or less.
- More than 18,400 people have been relocated with the U.S. Federal Witness Protection Program . . . and not a single one of them has been tracked down by the criminals they were hiding from.
- You could fit 63 Earths inside of Uranus.
- Only two football players have ever worn a triple-digit number.
A kicker at the University of Kansas named Bill Bell wore number 100 in 1969 to honor the 100th anniversary of college football . . . and a kicker at West Virginia University named Chuck Kinder wore 100 in 1963 for the state’s centennial.
The Morning Crave Blog Posts…
TODAY’S BLOG — Kraft is trying to make Macaroni-and-Cheese a breakfast food … Describe what you do for a living, but as a crime … A company is looking to hire couples to have sex on different mattresses … VIEW GOOD NEWS & VIEWS SUBMIT GOOD NEWS & VIEWS Contests on The Morning Crave… 7:20am Whatchamacallit Wednesday…read more »
TODAY’S BLOG — Should you put your sheets in the freezer to stay cool at night? … A cleaning expert says you should stop rinsing dishes before putting them in the dishwasher … A woman’s marble cutting board accidentally featured marbled genitalia … VIEW GOOD NEWS & VIEWS SUBMIT GOOD NEWS & VIEWS Contests on The Morning…read more »
TODAY’S BLOG — This kitchen challenge might make you throw away your wooden spoons … A relationship expert says you should never date a man in his 30s … Washington State has caught the first murder hornet in the United States … VIEW GOOD NEWS & VIEWS SUBMIT GOOD NEWS & VIEWS Contests on The Morning Crave……read more »
TODAY’S BLOG — New Music Friday: “cardigan” by Taylor Swift … Four things to look forward to in August … The 10 signs your relationship will fail, according to science … A woman goes on a rampage after she comes home to find her husband with another woman … VIEW GOOD NEWS & VIEWS SUBMIT GOOD…read more »