TODAY’S BLOG — Can you ask for a raise during a pandemic? … What’s something you’ve said recently that would make no sense in 2019? …
Contests on The Morning Crave…
Story Tyme on The Morning Crave…
Story 1: Can You Ask for a Raise During a Pandemic?
A lot of companies are strapped for cash. But can you still ask for a RAISE if you really deserve one? A career development expert says yes, if you do it right. Here are five things to consider . . .
- Do you work for a company that’s barely staying afloat? If there’s no chance you’ll get a raise, you might want to wait for things to bounce back a little. Especially if it’s a small company, and you know the owner.
- Offer to take on more work temporarily. If you can save the company money in another way, they might be willing to give you a raise. Just don’t end up in a permanent situation where you make a little more for a lot more work.
- Ask for a one-time bonus instead. Some companies with salary freezes might still be able to give you a bonus, or commit to one after things rebound.
- If you can’t get more money, ask for perks. You could ask for more vacation days. Or maybe they’ll let you cram your hours into four days instead of five, so you can take on outside work.
- Know your worth. You might feel lucky to even HAVE a job, and assume lots of people would do it for less. But hiring and training costs money. So don’t sell yourself short. Just weigh your options. If you DO get a raise, it might not be huge. So is a small raise now better than a bigger raise if you asked later?
Story 2: What’s Something You’ve Said Recently That Would Make No Sense in 2019?
2020 is half over, and it’s fair to say the world has changed A TON in these past six months.
So there’s a new trend on Twitter where people are answering the question: What’s something you’ve said in the past six months that would make no sense to someone in 2019? Here are some of the best responses . . .
- “They wouldn’t let me into the bank because I wasn’t wearing a mask.”
- “That was a beautiful Zoom wedding.”
- “You found Clorox wipes? Someone wants to get laid.”
- “Just ate my 39th loaf of homemade bread and traded the 40th for some toilet paper.”
- “You’re invited to my daughter’s drive-by 10th birthday.”
- “I might preemptively homeschool in the fall because it’s going to happen next year anyway.”
- “I’m glad those murder hornets weren’t worse.”
- “Mom, dad, I don’t care what you heard on TV, please don’t inject yourselves with bleach.”
What’s something you’ve said in the past six months that would make no sense to someone in 2019?— Adam Aston (@adamgreattweet) June 28, 2020
Whatchamacallit Wednesday: Win Amigos!
Is the business listed below a STRIP CLUB or a DAYCARE?
- Little Angels in Bangor, Maine
- Goosebumps in Atlanta, Georgia
- Rising Stars in Manchester, New Hampshire
- Baby Dolls in Hopewell, Virginia
- Happy Time in Kearny, New Jersey
- STRIP CLUB
- STRIP CLUB
Survey Says: Win a Raising Canes Box Combo Meal AND a Kearney Cinema 8 Movie Pass!
According to a recent survey, 76% of people are confident they could name all 50 of THIS without looking at a map.
The Moore Yooou Knoooow: Random Facts to Feed Your Brain!
- Portland, Oregon was named by a coin flip . . . the other name option was Boston. The two guys who founded the city were from Boston, Massachusetts and Portland, Maine. The guy from Maine won the toss and named the city Portland.
- The men’s clothing shop Bonobos was the first company that started as e-commerce only and eventually opened a physical store. The site launched in 2007 and they opened a store in 2012.
- The reason baseball and basketball teams wear dark jerseys for road games is because the away teams originally didn’t have access to washing machines, so they needed the darker jerseys to conceal dirt.
- The Oval Office has pressure sensors in the floor, so the Secret Service can monitor exactly where the president is when they’re not allowed inside.
- The “CR-V” in “Honda CR-V” stands for “Comfortable Runabout Vehicle.”
The Morning Crave Blog Posts…
TODAY’S BLOG — The most embarrassing thing each state googles more than anyone else … The top Halloween costumes for kids, adults, and pets this year … A website will tell you if you’re “young” or “old” for your job … VIEW GOOD NEWS & VIEWS SUBMIT GOOD NEWS & VIEWS Contests on The Morning Crave……read more »
TODAY’S BLOG — A wedding RSVP card offers people better food depending on the price of their wedding gift … A study finds there’s a science between texting someone “heyyyyyyy” or “whaaaaat?” … A woman leads cops on a high-speed chase because she had to poop and it was her birthday … VIEW GOOD NEWS &…read more »
TODAY’S BLOG — New Music Friday: “Holy” by Justin Bieber and Chance The Rapper … OKCupid now lets you label yourself a “VILF” … A guy tries to jump his car over a bridge while it’s opening up and actually makes it … A guy steals a thong hanging to dry without realizing it’s a man…read more »
TODAY’S BLOG — There’s such a thing as a “flirting face” … A website is offering people $13,000 to lose their quarantine weight … A police helicopter pilot gets a burglary alert from this doorbell cam and hunts them down … VIEW GOOD NEWS & VIEWS SUBMIT GOOD NEWS & VIEWS Contests on The Morning Crave……read more »