TODAY’S BLOG — New Music Friday: “Rain On Me” by Lady Gaga and Ariana Grande … Five ways to honor Memorial Day while still adhering to the restrictions … Coronavirus Insanity: A nurse’s see-through PPE gown, bane mask sales are up, and more … Scientists identified the 47 traits that make you good at flirting …
Contests on The Morning Crave…
New Music Friday: “Rain On Me” by Lady Gaga and Ariana Grande!
Listen to the new single at 6:40am, 7:40am, and 8:40am!
Story Tyme on The Morning Crave…
Story 1: Five Ways to Honor Memorial Day While Still Adhering to the Restrictions
Even though we’re adhering to some new rules this year due to the pandemic, we can still honor Memorial Day and the fallen members of our military. Here are five things you can do this weekend . . .
- Fly the American flag . . . if it’s not already something you do EVERY Memorial Day.
- Give your kids sidewalk chalk. They can use it to make patriotic drawings or write thank-you messages to veterans on your sidewalk or driveway.
- Donate flowers to a fallen hero. Check with your local cemetery to see if they’re accepting Memorial Day donations during the pandemic, or donate to Memorial Day Flowers, which is an organization that coordinates placing flowers for interred veterans.
- Check out the TV specials. The “Parade of Heroes” special will stream on Facebook on Monday morning . . . the “National Memorial Day Parade: America Stands Tall” special airs on the major TV networks on Monday afternoon . . . and PBS will air its annual “Memorial Day Concert” on Sunday night at 8:00 P.M. Eastern.
- Participate in the National Moment of Remembrance. At 3:00 P.M. on Memorial Day, we’re supposed to pause for a moment of silence for those who’ve died serving in the military . . . and take at least one minute to send love, prayers, and thoughts. If you’ve never done it before, because you were too busy barbequing with friends or shopping Memorial Day sales, this is the year to start.
Story 2: Coronavirus Insanity: A Nurse’s See-Through PPE Gown, Bane Mask Sales Are Up, and More
Here are some NOT-so-serious stories we’ve seen about the coronavirus outbreak . . .
- A nurse in Tula, Russia has been disciplined for wearing a see-through PPE gown . . . and just wearing a bra and underwear underneath. There were reportedly “no complaints” from her patients.
- Sales of plastic Bane masks from “The Dark Knight Rises” have gone way up . . . even if they don’t really provide proper protection from coronavirus.
- Apple released a new update for iPhones that makes it easier to unlock your phone with Face ID when you’re wearing a mask.
- 47% of women and 22% of men say they’ve gained weight since the quarantine started. And 4% of people say they’ve gained more than 21 pounds.
- A 7-Eleven employee in Thailand tried to grab a forehead thermometer to check a customer . . . but accidentally grabbed a spray bottle of hand sanitizer instead and sprayed it in the customer’s face.
- A Krispy Kreme in Long Beach, California had to shut down its “free donuts for graduating seniors” promotion earlier this week when it caused a massive traffic jam outside the store.
Story 3: Scientists Identified the 47 Traits That Make You Good at Flirting
Remember flirting? Well, we might be off our game once life gets back to normal. But this could help: A new study in Greece identified 47 different traits that make you an effective flirter. 500 people were asked to name different tactics that have worked on them in the past. Here are the ten most common answers . . .
- Good looks. Men ranked that one higher than women did.
- The level of interest you show in them.
- Being good with words.
- Being persistent.
- Being respectful. Women ranked that one higher than men.
- Showing that you have good character.
Here are a few that ranked lower, but were still seen as effective: Confidence . . . having common interests . . . being spontaneous . . . being mysterious . . . giving them a compliment . . . being romantic . . . being bold . . . and smelling good.
Survey Says: Win Bonus Entries for The Big Ticket Giveaway!
According to a recent survey, THIS is the top way we’ll commemorate Memorial Day.
The Moore Yooou Knoooow: Random Facts to Feed Your Brain!
- The first college football game ever involved a Canadian school. The game was between McGill University from Montreal and Harvard in 1874, and it ended in a 0-0 tie.
- The biggest city in Florida is Jacksonville . . . its population is almost TWICE as big as Miami’s.
- The 9th biggest export by the United States is human and animal blood. It’s bigger than soybeans, corn, or gold.
- Gandalf never says “You shall not pass” in any “Lord of the Rings” book . . . he only says “You cannot pass.” The line was changed to sound more dramatic in the script for “The Fellowship of the Ring”.
- Almost all the wasabi we eat in the U.S. is actually a mixture of horseradish, mustard, starch, and food coloring. Real wasabi is usually too expensive to import.
The Morning Crave Blog Posts…
RECENT UPDATES … NEW: On May 27th the Alley Rose will be hosting its third Wednesday ‘Drive Up and Feed Kearney Event’. The greatest part of this program is that everyone eats for free. The meals are first come first serve from 4pm – 7pm at the Alley Rose in Kearney. If you would like…read more »
TODAY’S BLOG — A family’s decision on their new house paint color accidentally goes viral … A drunk driver crashes into a pond of liquid manure and is stuck there for hours … The top five social media posts that can cost you a job … VIEW GOOD NEWS & VIEWS SUBMIT GOOD NEWS & VIEWS…read more »
RECENT UPDATES . . . NEW: Omaha’s Henry Doorly Zoo and Aquarium plans to reopen on Monday, June 1, 2020. The Zoo has been planning for its reopening for about a month and will share its reopening details, which include significant restrictions, on Tuesday, May 26th. ——– NEW: Doane University will resume its course offerings…read more »
TODAY’S BLOG — Seven steps for the perfect ice cream eating experience, according to science … Ben & Jerry’s and Nike have teamed up to create a new shoe … The best ways to get out of a speeding ticket … VIEW GOOD NEWS & VIEWS SUBMIT GOOD NEWS & VIEWS Contests on The Morning Crave……read more »