Double Feature New Music Friday: “No Time To Die” by Billie Eilish and “To Die For” by Sam Smith … Five Valentine’s Day gifts you can buy right now and not look like you totally dropped the ball … The 10 worst gifts people have gotten for Valentine’s Day … A photo of a dog is an optical illusion that’s making people crazy …
Double Feature New Music Friday: “No Time To Die” by Billie Eilish and “To Die For” by Sam Smith…
Listen on-air at 6:40am, 7:40am, and 8:40am!
Five Valentine’s Day gifts you can buy right now and not look like you totally dropped the ball…
Well it’s Valentine’s Day. And if you don’t have dinner reservations or a gift for your other half yet, it’s not looking good. So to save you, here are five things you can buy TODAY, and not look like you totally blew it.
- Cook for them. This will require some effort on your part, but there’s still time to hit the grocery store and throw a nice meal together before the day is over. If you’re not super comfortable in the kitchen, try something simple like cacio e pepe, which is literally just pasta, cheese, and pepper.
- A movie night at home. Download some romantic movies and have a marathon. You can go with classics like “Casablanca” or “Roman Holiday”, or newer films like “La La Land”, “Crazy Rich Asians”, “500 Days of Summer”, and “The Shape of Water”. (Here’s a list of 50 movies to choose from.)
- Language-learning software. If you know your partner’s been wanting to learn another language, get them a subscription to Rosetta Stone. Depending on how much you want to spend, you can sign them up for 3 months, a year, or a whole lifetime.
- A gift card for a sporting event or concert tickets. Ticketmaster sells online gift cards for anywhere from $25 to $500. So THEY can pick out the tickets they want.
- A subscription to something they love. Like if their dog is their world, get them a BarkBox subscription. Of if they love to read, a Book of the Month club.
The 10 worst gifts people have gotten for Valentine’s Day…
What’s the worst gift you’ve gotten, or given, for Valentine’s Day? Dating.com asked its members. Here are the 10 worst gifts they came up with . . .
- A used candle.
- Clothes the guy’s EX left at his place.
- Edible underwear.
- Pink shaving cream. (???)
- A lighter with a sports team’s logo on it.
- Hair ties.
- A picture of a gift he ordered online that didn’t get there in time. That one’s probably more common than you think.
- A greeting card for a different holiday. No word if it was a Christmas card or what.
- A date night coupon, instead of actually going out for Valentine’s Day.
A photo of a dog is an optical illusion that’s making people crazy…
There’s a photo of a perfectly normal dog that’s going viral right now . . . because of an optical illusion that’s making people think they’re looking at anything BUT a perfectly normal dog.
When you see the photo, you know you’re looking at an animal . . . but you aren’t sure what it is. A baby goat? A white, hairy pig? A Chupacabra?
But it’s all an optical illusion. The dog’s ear looks like a mouth, and its mouth and nose look like an ear. So if you rotate the photo, you can see it’s just a dog lying on a bed looking up.
Still, it’s a GOOD optical illusion. Even after I’d seen what the dog actually looks like, my mind would go back and forth between “unidentifiable creature” and “dog.”
Survey Says?! Win a Raising Canes Box Combo Meal and a Kearney Cinema 8 Movie Pass…
According to a recent survey, one in 14 Americans have DUMPED someone on THIS holiday.
More results . . .
The age group that does it most is millennials. 11% have dumped someone on Valentine’s Day, compared to just 2% of Baby Boomers. 6% of us have also dumped someone shortly before Valentine’s Day, and another 6% have done it right after.
The survey also found that the most common reason for breaking up with someone BEFORE Valentine’s Day is . . . “I didn’t want THEM to spend money on ME when I knew I was about to dump them.”
The Moore Yoou Knoow!
Random facts to feed your brain…
- In 1976, a book about a lonely librarian in a sexual relationship with a BEAR won a prestigious writing award in Canada.
- The famous warehouse at the end of “Raiders of the Lost Ark” is a painting. It just looks real thanks to great camera work.
- “B.C.” and “A.D.” were invented in 525 A.D. by a monk who wanted to make sure they were celebrating Easter on the right date.
- Australia is the only place in the world with horizontal time zones. But they only go into effect in the summer . . . which is our winter.
- In Roald Dahl’s first version of “Charlie and the Chocolate Factory” in 1964, the Oompa Loompas were black pygmy slaves from Africa. But the book was revised and republished in 1972, and they were described as white dwarf hippies.