104-year-old veteran gets 70,000 Valentines … There’s a new term for dumping someone right before Valentine’s Day … The 10 most common nightmares we have …
Contests on the show…
7:20am Whatchamacallit Wednesday (Amigos)
8:20am Survey Says?! (Raising Canes + Kearney Cinema 8)
104-year-old veteran gets 70,000 Valentines…
THIS IS AMAZING. Someone asked people online to send valentines to a 104-year-old World War Two vet in California named Bill White. And he’s already gotten over 70,000 letters. His daughter has been helping him go through them, and they did an interview about it the other day. Grab tissues before you read/watch.
There’s a new term for dumping someone right before Valentine’s Day: “Valentighting”…
Valentine’s Day is on Friday. And you may think we’re so close to the date at this point, you can’t DUMP your partner now.
But that’s just not true. And honestly, it’s probably better to dump them today than on Friday.
With that in mind, there’s a new term going around for when you end a relationship right before Valentine’s Day: “Valentighting.”
The British writer who came up with it says she picked the term because, quote, “you’re too tight to get them a gift, write a card, or make any kind of fuss.”
But it doesn’t just have to do with being CHEAP . . . you also want to avoid spending a lot of money on Valentine’s Day because that might signal that you’re making an investment in the relationship.
Being late for work is one of the 10 most common nightmares we have…
Have you ever dreamed you were late for work? According to a new study, it’s one of the most common nightmares we have. Here are the top 10 . . .
- Dreams where you’re falling. 65% of us have experienced that one.
- Being chased, 63%.
- Dying, 55%.
- Feeling lost, 54%.
- Feeling trapped, 52%.
- Being attacked, 50%.
- Missing an important event, 44%.
- Waking up late for work, 43%.
- Sex-related stuff, 40%.
- A loved one dying, 36%.
Some of the jobs where you’re most likely to dream about being late for work include: Teachers . . . construction workers . . . food service workers . . . people in retail . . . members of the military . . . and people in finance.
And here’s a fun glimpse into OUR psyche: People who work in broadcasting and entertainment are more likely to dream about missing a deadline . . . and about being NAKED at work.
Whatchamacallit Wednesday… Win Amigos!
I describe a person, place, or a thing. If you guess correctly, you win!
Whatchamacall a United States one-cent coin? It has been the lowest-value physical unit of U.S. currency since the abolition of the half-cent in 1857.
C. Donald Trump
Survey Says?! Win a Raising Canes Box Combo and a Kearney Cinema 8 Movie Pass!
According to a recent survey, the average parents haven’t gone on THIS in more than THREE YEARS.
More results . . .
A new survey found that, basically, the less time a couple has been together, the more money they spend on Valentine’s Day.
People who’ve been dating for less than six months will spend an average of $700.
People who’ve been together between six month and two years will spend $453.
People who’ve been together two to five years will spend $157.
And people who’ve been together for more than 20 years will spend $64 . . . or about 90% less than people in brand new relationships.
The Mooore Yoou Knoow!
Random facts to feed your brain…
- There are only two animals that tongue kiss: Bonobos and humans.
- When you’re on a plane, you’re under the laws of the country where the plane is registered, not where you take off from. So if you punch someone on an Air Canada flight that took off in the U.S., you’ll face charges in Canada.
- The word “aardvark” comes from the word “erdvark” in Afrikaans, which means “earth pig.”
- The first president to wear full pants was John Adams. George Washington only wore knee-length pants with stockings.
- The Library of Congress is only the second biggest library in the world. It has about 168 million items in its catalog . . . the British Library in London has 170 to 200 million.