The top go-to reactions when opening a bad gift … The most popular dog and cat names of the year … Cops are searching for a guy with “pot head” tattooed on his forehead …
Contests on the show…
The top go-to reactions when opening a bad gift…
There’s an old “Seinfeld” episode where Jerry explains that if someone repeats the name of a gift when they open it, then they definitely HATE it. And according to this, it really is one of the ways we react to bad gifts.
People were asked what they usually say when pretending to like a present. And repeating the name of the gift did make the list. Here are our top ten go-to reactions . . .
- A simple “thank you.” 81% of us do it.
- “I love it!”
- “You’re so sweet.”
- “That’s interesting.”
- “What made you think of this?”
- “I’ve always wanted one of these.”
- Repeating the name of the gift.
- Opening the gift and then GASPING.
If you need some help with your fake appreciation skills, Benedict Cumberbatch did a great “Master Class” parody last year on how to act your way through receiving a bad gift.
Here are the most popular dog and cat names of the year…
Naming a pet isn’t like naming a kid. Like, you can name your dog ANYTHING and it won’t affect their life at all. Can’t do that with a kid. And yet, for some reason, people still use the same handful of pet names.
Rover.com just released the results of its study into the most popular dog and cat names of 2019. And here’s what they found . . .
Female dogs: Bella . . . Luna . . . Lucy . . . Daisy . . . Lily.
Male dogs: Max . . . Charlie . . . Cooper . . . Buddy . . . Rocky.
Female cats: Luna . . . Bella . . . Lucy . . . Kitty . . . Lily.
Male cats: Oliver . . . Leo . . . Milo . . . Charlie . . . Max.
The study also found there were some very popular pet names that came out of pop culture.
The name Okoye, which is from “Black Panther”, was up 250% for pets . . . Arya Stark was up 150% . . . Lizzo was up 100% . . . and Keanu was up 93%.
Cops are searching for a guy with “pot head” tattooed on his forehead…
I’m not sure there’s such a thing as a GOOD forehead tattoo . . . but this is a particularly bad forehead tattoo.
There’s a 51-year-old guy named Douglas Christopher in Belpre, Ohio. And he has the words “POT HEAD” tattooed on his forehead near his hairline.
And there’s more. He also has a giant green marijuana leaf tattooed in the middle of his forehead . . . and instead of eyebrows, he has two joints tattooed in their place.
Also, he’s a terrible human being. He was convicted of sexual battery in 2010 and did three-and-a-half years in prison. He’s now a registered sex offender, and he has to check in with the police every 90 days . . . but he missed his last check-in.
So the cops are asking for the public’s help in tracking him down. Those tattoos kind of make him hard to miss.
TBT… Win Amigos!
Which 2013 hit was released first?
- “Burn” by Ellie Goulding
- “Let Her Go” by Passenger
Survey Says?! Win Kearney Cinema 8!
According to a recent survey, THIS is the worst gift you can give someone.
More results . . .
A new survey found the three most important keys to giving a thoughtful gift are the sentiment behind it . . . how useful the gift is . . . and whether or not it has a personalized touch. But here’s the part of the poll we liked best . . .
They also asked people to rank the WORST possible gifts you can get. And the #1 answer was “there’s no such thing as a bad gift” . . . which is total nonsense. Here are the ten ACTUAL worst gifts you can get, according to the survey . . .
- Shower gel.
- A collection of lotions.
- A coffee mug.
- A candle.
- A photo calendar.
The poll also asked people about specific bad gifts they’ve gotten. The lowlights include a didgeridoo . . . a huge rubber ducky . . . a paperclip necklace . . . aluminum flip-flops . . . and a box of corks.
The Moore Yoou Knoow!
Random facts to feed your brain…
- There are only a few words in English that have two u’s in a row . . . and most of them are obscure. The two most common ones are vacuum and continuum.
- Sweden isn’t mentioned in the Swedish national anthem . . . but it IS mentioned in the Polish national anthem, since they once occupied Poland. (Verses that DO mention Sweden have been added to the Swedish anthem over the years, which is why you might see it show up in some versions of the lyrics.)
- Kenny Loggins wasn’t the first pick to perform “Danger Zone” for “Top Gun”. The producers wanted Toto to do it, but they couldn’t make a deal. Then they reached out to Bryan Adams and REO Speedwagon, but they turned it down too.
- The first cartoon with Tweety and Sylvester was “Tweetie Pie” in 1947 . . . and it won an Oscar for Best Animated Short.
- The first Swiss Army Knives were made in Germany in 1891, because there was no place in Switzerland that could produce them.