A guy secretly left $500,000 to whoever showed up at his funeral … A new bar is charging by the hour, not by the drink … An ice cream shop has made a guinea pig flavor (yes, made from actual guinea pigs) …
Contests on the show…
7:20am Best Weekend Ever (Amigos + Scarecrow Patch)
8:20am Survey Says?! (Raising Canes + Kearney Cinema 8)
Big Red Predictions — Nebraska vs. Minnesota (Wendy’s + Big Red Tailgate VIP Bonus Entries)
A guy secretly left $500,000 to whoever showed up at his funeral…
You know those people who pretend to be your friend, but don’t REALLY care? Here’s a great way to stick it to them one last time . . .
A guy in Wisconsin named Dennis Valstad passed away a few months ago at age 69. And he got creative with his will.
He owned a small dry-cleaning business, and never got married or had kids. So he had about half-a-million dollars to his name when he died.
And he secretly put in his will that all $500,000 would be divided equally to whoever showed up for his FUNERAL.
He didn’t have a ton of close friends. So he figured it wouldn’t be a huge turnout. But he was extremely kind and generous with everyone he knew. And it turns out he underestimated how many people really cared about him.
In the end, 270 people showed up to pay their respects. And they recently got letters in the mail to let them know they were each getting about $1,800.
A new bar is charging by the hour, not by the drink…
Oh MAN, this sounds dangerous.
There’s a new bar that opened this past weekend in St. Louis. And instead of charging people by the drink . . . they’re charging you by the HOUR for unlimited drinks. It’s $10-an-hour for regular drinks, or $20-an-hour for premium.
They say their bartenders are going to carefully monitor how much people are drinking to make sure no one goes TOO crazy trying to get their money’s worth. Good luck, I guess.
An ice cream shop has made a guinea pig flavor… yes, made from actual guinea pigs…
If you still think green tea ice cream is a weird flavor, well . . .
There’s an ice cream stand in Quito, Ecuador that just started selling a GUINEA PIG flavor. And yes, one of the ingredients is actual guinea pig meat.
They eat guinea pigs in some South American countries, including Ecuador . . . often roasted with salt and served with potatoes and a peanut sauce. This ice cream captures those flavors and, apparently, it’s selling very well.
Survey Says?! Win Raising Canes + Kearney Cinema 8!
According to a recent survey, 43% of Americans say it’s okay to do THIS before Halloween.
More results . . .
And 60% are fine with stores starting to put their Christmas stuff out this month.
Oh, and no pressure . . . but 57% of people say they start their Christmas shopping before Halloween.
The Moore Yoou Knoow!
Random facts to feed your brain…
- You’re far closer to having a net worth of exactly $1 million than a billionaire. After all, you’d just have to find a way to make $1 million . . . they’d have to find a way to lose at least $999 million. (Hey, we didn’t say it was easier necessarily . . . just closer.)
- When Judy Garland got cast as Dorothy in “The Wizard of Oz”, she was put on a diet of chicken soup, black coffee, and 80 cigarettes a day . . . even though she was 16.
- “Brown Eyed Girl” by Van Morrison was originally called “Brown Skinned Girl”. But he had to change it because a song about interracial romance was too controversial for the 1960s.
- McDonald’s didn’t start accepting credit cards until 2003.
- When you pass gas, the tiny particles of feces leave your body at 543 miles-per-hour.