Are you a micro-cheater? … Hershey’s has created a chocolate beer … A woman in zombie makeup has a panic attack but the ER doesn’t know it’s makeup and thinks something is very, very wrong …
Contests on the show…
7:20am Throwback Thursday (Amigos + Scarecrow Patch)
8:20am Survey Says?! (Raising Canes + Kearney Cinema 8)
Big Red Predictions — Northwestern vs. Nebraska (Wendy’s + Big Red Tailgate VIP Bonus Entries)
Are these examples of “micro-cheating” actually cheating?
“Micro-cheating” is basically when you do small things that FLIRT with infidelity, but you never get physical. And over 100,000 people recently took a survey on what counts as micro-cheating.
See if you agree . . .
- Following an ex on social media. Only 3% said it’s cheating.
- Deleting apps like Tinder from your phone, but not deleting your account. 8% said it counts as cheating.
- Meeting up with someone, and claiming it’s work-related when it isn’t. 54% said YES, that’s cheating. And another 42% said it’s at least suspicious.
- Sending a heart, kiss, or wink emoji in a flirty way. Only 8% said it’s okay. 49% said it’s cheating, and another 43% would at least be concerned.
- Having a “work wife” or “work husband.” 19% said it’s cheating. 31% said it’s fine. The other 50% said it’s not cheating, but they’d feel weird about it.
- Staying in touch with an ex. 14% said it’s cheating.
- Confiding in someone you’re attracted to, instead of your significant other. 25% said it’s cheating.
- Sexting someone else, but not getting physical with them. 91% said it’s still cheating.
Hershey’s has created a chocolate beer…
Why eat candy on Halloween when you could get drunk on candy instead?
Hershey’s just made their first ever BEER. They teamed up with the people who make Yuengling (ying-ling) beer . . . to make Yuengling Hershey’s Chocolate Porter.
The beer is going to be available at bars and restaurants in the Midwest and East Coast from now through Valentine’s Day.
A woman in zombie makeup has a panic attack… but the ER doesn’t know it’s makeup and thinks something is very, very wrong…
In a few weeks, hospitals all over the country will be ready for people in makeup and costumes. Right now? THIS is what happens . . .
There’s a professional dancer named Jai Fears in Royal Oak, Michigan. And on Monday night, she was getting zombie makeup done for a Halloween marketing campaign . . . when she had a PANIC ATTACK that was so bad she went to the ER.
But they didn’t realize she was wearing makeup. So they thought there was something VERY, VERY WRONG with her . . . like she had rotten, bloody, burned flesh all over her face. And they rushed her into the trauma unit.
Fortunately, she recovered from her panic attack and the hospital realized she was NOT an actual zombie.
The hospital wasn’t super happy about how it all went down, though . . . they said they couldn’t comment on a patient, but they did issue a statement.
Quote, “The emergency room is not a place for fun and games. They see many patients with severe medical issues where lives are at stake. Doctors need to be able to focus on those patients with true emergencies.”
TBT… Win Amigos!
Which 2014 hit was released first?
- “Take Me To Church” by Hozier
- “Uptown Funk” by Mark Ronson and Bruno Mars
Survey Says?! Win Raising Canes + Kearney Cinema 8!
Today is National Boyfriend Day. According to a new survey, 21% of women say they’ll do THIS to celebrate.
More results . . .
Today is National Boyfriend Day. And even if YOUR boyfriend didn’t celebrate National Girlfriend Day back on August 1st, you can still celebrate. That’ll make him feel nice and guilty, which is really the whole point.
Anyway, here are some results from a new survey of 1,000 women with boyfriends in honor of the “holiday” . . .
- 22% say they met their current boyfriend through a dating app.
- Not a ton of people were planning to celebrate National Boyfriend Day . . . but 21% say they’ll cook dinner and 14% will spend the night hanging out with their boyfriend watching Netflix.
- The five most desirable qualities in a boyfriend are: Honesty . . . loyalty . . . being funny . . . kindness . . . and being a good communicator.
- And the biggest reasons for fights are: Listening and communication issues . . . other women . . . money . . . spending time together . . . and small pet peeves.
The Moore Yoou Knoow!
Random facts to feed your brain…
- The smell of fresh-cut grass is a distress signal. The grass is releasing a chemical that makes that smell to try to save itself from the mortal wound you just dealt to it.
- The Verrazzano-Narrows Bridge in New York City was misspelled for 58 years. It’s named after an explorer named Giovanni da Verrazzano, and his last name has two z’s. The bridge only had one from 1960 until it was finally changed last year.
- The White House was totally open to the public through the early 1900s. Andrew Jackson had to spend his first night as president in a hotel because the 20,000 people partying at the White House after his inauguration were too rowdy.
- The phrase “blowing smoke up your [you-know-what]” comes from the late 1700s, when doctors would give tobacco enemas to drowning victims to resuscitate them.
- The Lakers and the Clippers both play at the Staples Center in L.A., but the arena has different capacities depending on who’s playing. Because of the way they lay out the courtside seats, there are 63 more tickets available when the Clippers play.