New Music Friday — “Circles” by Post Malone … There’s a Starbucks secret menu item called the “Cinderella Latte” that combines Pumpkin Spice and White Chocolate … A guy tries to get out of paying rent by playing dead …
Contests on the show…
Big Red Predictions (Wendy’s)
Show Us Your Hits ($100 Target Gift Card; $100 for the HITS 106 Online Store)
7:20am Whatchamacallit Wednesday (Amigos)
8:20am Survey Says?! (Raising Canes + Kearney Cinema 8)
Big Red Predictions… Nebraska vs. Colorado…
New Music Friday — “Circles” by Post Malone…
There’s a Starbucks secret menu item called the “Cinderella Latte” that combines Pumpkin Spice and White Chocolate…
The Pumpkin Spice Latte has been back at Starbucks for a little over a week now . . . but if you’re already bored with it, maybe it’s time to switch things up.
There’s a secret menu item at Starbucks called the “Cinderella Latte.” Some people apparently discovered it last fall, but it’s just starting to spread this year.
If you want it, it’s a Pumpkin Spice Latte where you swap out half of the pumps of pumpkin spice and replace them with pumps of white chocolate mocha.
Does that combo of pumpkin and white chocolate taste good? Apparently.
A guy tries to get out of paying rent by playing dead…
There HAD to be a better way to get an extension on paying rent than this.
There’s a 28-year-old guy named Ted Zarins in Fort Kent, Maine. And apparently, he was late on his rent . . . and he knew his landlord was coming by to collect earlier this week.
So . . . Ted PLAYED DEAD. When the landlord came into his apartment, he found Ted, pretending to be either unconscious or actually dead, lying there.
And while Ted was convincing, believe it or not, the landlord DIDN’T go, “Oh well, he’s dead. Guess he doesn’t owe me rent and I’ll just leave now.” Instead he called the COPS to report he had someone dead or unconscious in one of his apartments.
The cops came . . . and when they got there, they found Ted alive, conscious, responsive, and healthy. And he wound up admitting his scheme.
The cops also found he had an outstanding WARRANT for failure to appear for a criminal threatening charge . . . so he was arrested on that warrant.
The Moore Yoou Knooow!
Random facts to feed your brain…
- The board game Candy Land was invented in a polio ward during an epidemic in the 1940s to give quarantined kids a distraction.
- The word “collision” is only supposed to be used when two moving objects hit each other. When one moving object hits something standing still, that’s called an “allision.”
- Even though “Borat” made Kazakhstan look racist . . . and the country threatened to SUE Sacha Baron Cohen over the movie . . . tourism went up 1,000% the year after it came out.
- There are 41 independent cities in the U.S., which means they aren’t part of a county. Thirty-eight of them are in Virginia. The other three are Baltimore, Maryland . . . St. Louis, Missouri . . . and Carson City, Nevada.
- Ian Fleming only wrote three books that weren’t about James Bond . . . and one of them was “Chitty Chitty Bang Bang”.