Someone is raising money for a new strapless flip-flop-shoe … A new study found the secret to success … A short guy goes viral after going on a rant at a bagel shop about women not dating him …
Contests on the show…
Chizzle VIP Experience at The Brick House Nightclub in Grand Island (Register to win)
7:20am Throwback Thursday (Amigos)
8:20am Survey Says?! (Raising Canes + Kearney Cinema 8)
Are these strapless flip-flops even nerdier than socks-with-sandals?
Socks-with-sandals may finally have some competition. Because this might be the nerdiest footwear ever . . . or no?
Someone on Indiegogo is raising money for a shoe-flip-flop HYBRID called a “Link” shoe that stays on by gripping the sides of your foot. So they don’t have straps or laces. But they’re pretty bulky.
They’re calling them strapless flip-flops. But they basically look like shoes with the top half cut off. And they’re supposed to combine all the benefits of both. They breathe well . . . have arch support . . . and they’re easier to run in than flip-flops are.
We haven’t seen any photos of people wearing them with socks yet. But they say that’s also an option.
Not everyone thinks they’re dumb though. Almost 900 people have backed the campaign on Indiegogo so far, and they’ve raised over 73 grand.
They’re planning to sell them for $119, but you can get them right now for 69 bucks. Just search for, “Link, The World’s First Flip-Shoe” on Indiegogo’s website.
“You can do it!” Talking to yourself in the second person is the secret to success…
A new study in the Journal of Sports Science found a trick to performing better. And it might work in other situations, not just sports . . .
Researchers in the U.K. watched how 22 different cyclists pumped themselves up for a bunch of 10-kilometer races.
And they found that talking to yourself in the SECOND PERSON makes you perform better. Like saying, “YOU can do this” instead of “I can do this.”
The ones who talked to themselves in the second person consistently did better, and finished the races faster. The researchers aren’t sure why it works. But they’ve got two theories.
Saying “you” instead of “I” might help psychologically, by giving you a more distanced perspective. Like you’re on the outside looking in.
Or, it mimics the way a coach or parent would speak to you. And that alone puts you in a more disciplined mindset.
A short guy goes on a rant at a bagel shop about women not dating him… and winds up tackled by a tall guy…
This isn’t exactly going to help shatter the stereotype that SHORT MEN are irrationally angry.
A video went viral yesterday from a bagel shop on Long Island, New York.
Apparently a woman smiled at a guy in the store, which randomly SET HIM OFF on a rant about how women on dating sites refuse to go out with him because he’s short.
On the video, he yells things like, quote, “Why is it okay for women to say ‘Oh, you’re five feet’ on dating sites, you should be dead? That’s okay? . . . Everywhere I go, I get the same [effing] smirk.”
When some taller guys in the store told him to calm down, he got in their face and said, quote, “Shut your mouth. You’re not God or my father or my boss.”
Eventually he got so fired up that he started challenging those taller guys in the store to fight him. And one of them accepted the offer . . . and tackled him to the ground.
The cops came, but no charges were filed.
Warning! There’s profanity in the tweet.
so in bagel boss this morning, the misogynistic douchebag seen in the video was degrading almost all of the female staff as well as other patrons. fuck this guy. pic.twitter.com/LZh1Uk4UXZ— olivia shea 🏳️🌈 (@oliviabradley88) July 10, 2019
TBT… Win Amigos!
Which summer-ish hit was released FIRST?
- “Call Me Maybe” by Carly Rae Jepsen
- “Shut Up and Dance” by Walk The Moon
Survey Says?! Win Raising Canes + Kearney Cinema 8!
According to a recent survey, THIS is the most popular time to play mobile games.
More results . . .
- “Whenever I’m bored.”
- Watching TV.
- In bed.
- On the toilet.
The Moore Yoou Knoow!
Random facts to feed your brain…
- The reason we call porcelain “china” is that the country of China created and perfected it . . . so when it made its way into Europe in the 1500s, everyone just called it “China.”
- The first black president on film was Sammy Davis Jr. in 1933, in “Rufus Jones For President”. He was only seven years old, and it was about his mother dreaming of him being president. And apparently it’s filled with horrible stereotypes.
- Bizzy Bone from Bone Thugs-n-Harmony was kidnapped as a child. His picture was shown at the end of a TV movie called “Adam”, about a kidnapped boy. Thanks to the picture, Bizzy was found . . . and he went back home to Cleveland, Ohio where he met the other members of Bone Thugs in high school. And the father of the boy in the movie . . . John Walsh . . . went on to start “America’s Most Wanted”.
- No NFL team has ever made it to the Super Bowl when it was scheduled to be played in their home stadium.
- There are more than 600 species of plants that eat animals. Venus flytraps are just the most famous ones.