Four ways caffeine is good for you … A 70 year-old guy is busted for sitting on his sunroof while his car was going 100 miles-per-hour … A new study has found penile enlargement just doesn’t work …
Contests on the show…
- Big Ticket Giveaway Sign Up (Backstreet Boys Tickets + CD)
- 7:20am Best Weekend Ever (Amigos)
- 8:20am Survey Says?! (Raising Canes + Kearney Cinema 8)
- 8:45am Hy-Vee Thrill At The Grill (Two $50 Hy-Vee Market Grille Gift Cards)
- 9:30am Club KQ (Movie Monday: Kearney Cinema 8; Girls’ Weekend in Vegas)
Four ways caffeine is good for you…
A new study found that more than five cups of coffee a day is bad for your heart. Which is a LOT of coffee. But as long as you’re drinking five cups or less, you should be okay. And it can actually be good for you.
Here are four potential health benefits of caffeine . . .
- In moderation, it might be GOOD for your heart. Previous studies have found that three to four cups of coffee a day can lower your risk for heart disease and stroke.
- It helps with pain. Especially if you pair it with a painkiller. Research shows that taking ibuprofen with a cup of coffee works better than ibuprofen alone. It can help with headaches, menstrual cramps, and even pain after you’ve had surgery.
- It can improve your memory. A study in 2015 found that drinking coffee every day can give you a memory boost. And studies with mice suggest it could even help you avoid Alzheimer’s.
- Caffeine may lower your risk for certain cancers. Four or five cups a day has been shown to help people with colon cancer, and colorectal cancer. And a 26-year study by the American Cancer Society found it could also cut your oral cancer risk in half.
A 70 year-old guy is busted for sitting on his sunroof while his car was going 100 miles-per-hour…
It’s basically a miracle this guy didn’t die and take a bunch of people with him.
An off-duty cop was driving on the interstate in Lakeland, Florida last week when he saw a white Cadillac zoom past him . . . with an old dude SITTING on the sunroof.
He took a video and called 911 . . . and the Florida Highway Patrol came out and pulled over 70-year-old Leonard Olsen.
Apparently he’d put the car on cruise control at around 100 MILES-PER-HOUR . . . then decided to open up the sunroof and stand up instead of driving. He felt that it was fine because, quote, “The car drives itself and has a gigantic computer in it.”
And, quote, “I thought it would be a nice way to praise God for a minute.”
He was arrested on a misdemeanor reckless driving charge.
Bad news: A new study has found penile enlargement just doesn’t work…
If you’ve been saving up for PENILE ENLARGEMENT surgery . . . well, time to redirect those funds to something that will help you overcompensate for your adorable little junk instead. Do they still make Hummers?
According to a new study out of King’s College London, penile enlargement surgery just doesn’t work.
The researchers reviewed 21 different types of enlargement surgeries on a total of 1,192 men. And they found the results were NOT what they should be.
Quote, “They can cost up to even $50,000, often the man ends up with a penis that is disfigured, and there is no more than 20% satisfaction rates with these procedures.”
So, yeah, there’s a chance the surgery will work . . . but the researchers say there’s a high chance of complications including, quote, “penile deformity, shortening, and erectile dysfunction.”
And on the bright side . . . you probably don’t even NEED the surgery.
The researchers also found that, quote, “many men” who had enlargement surgery were AVERAGE sized but just thought their junk was too small.
Survey Says?! Win Raising Canes + Kearney Cinema 8!
According to a recent survey, 55% of people admit they’re, quote, “rude” to THIS.
More results . . .
According to a new survey, 55% of people admit they’re, quote, “rude” to their smart speakers.
And that includes 31% who are rude once in a while . . . 17% who are rude sometimes . . . 6% who are rude often . . . and 1% who are literally ALWAYS rude to their speaker.
So why are we rude? Maybe this is it: Only three percent of men and four percent of women say their smart speaker is PERFECT at interpreting what they’re saying and always responds exactly how they want it to.
But . . . plenty of us are really NICE to our speakers too. Only 19% of people never say “please” or “thank you” to the speaker . . . and 10% always include a please or thank you with a request.
The Moore Yoou Knoow!
Random facts to feed your brain…
- Canada has more lakes than every other country combined.
- Manute Bol . . . who was 7-foot-7 . . . is the only player in NBA history with more blocked shots in his career than points.
- If you’re driving 60 miles per hour and you sneeze, your eyes are closed for 50 feet.
- There are 40 different ingredients in a McDonald’s Chicken McNugget.
- 7-Eleven started in Dallas in 1927 as a store that only sold ice. Eventually it expanded to sell milk, bread, and eggs . . . and then evolved into the first convenience store.