Men’s beards are filled with more bacteria than dog fur … An ice cream shop is selling a gelato burger … A couple gives striking workers cookies filled with laxatives …
Contests on the show…
- Big Ticket Giveaway Sign Up (Backstreet Boys Tickets)
- 7:20am Best Weekend Ever (Amigos)
- 8:20am Survey Says?! (Raising Canes + Kearney Cinema 8)
- 9:30am Club KQ (Kearney Cinema 8)
Men’s beards are filled with more bacteria than dog fur…
Dogs lick garbage, dirt, and each other’s nether regions. And yet . . . they’re STILL more hygienic than hipsters.
According to a new study out of Switzerland, believe it or not, men’s BEARDS are more likely to be filled with germs and bacteria than dog fur.
The researchers sampled men’s beards and some dogs’ fur, and they found that 100% of the men had high microbial counts in their facial hair . . . versus about three-quarters of the dogs.
And almost half the men had bacteria in their beards that could make someone sick.
An ice cream shop is selling a gelato burger… that’s a few scoops of ice cream on a chocolate bun…
Ice cream is evolving to the point where on one glorious day in the not-too-distant future, we’ll be able to get away with eating it for EVERY meal.
There’s an international ice cream chain called Amorino that just started serving a GELATO BURGER at two of its locations in New York.
It’s got two scoops of gelato and a topping like Nutella . . . all on a chocolate-flavored hamburger bun.
It sounds delicious, but so far, Amorino admitted it’s not super popular . . . mostly because people are confused about whether there’s also meat involved. There’s not.
A couple gives cookies to striking workers… filled with laxatives…
Well this is definitely a new style of union busting.
The workers at the Claymont School District in eastern Ohio have been on strike for the past few weeks. And many of them have been lining up outside of an elementary school in Uhrichsville, Ohio, and getting honks from drivers who support them.
But that’s been a real issue for a 29-year-old guy named Bo Cosens and his 25-year-old girlfriend Rachel Sharrock. They live right across the street from the school, and all the noise was really getting to them.
So . . . last week, they baked a bunch of cookies to give to the workers. And they spiked the cookies with LAXATIVES.
Fortunately, Bo had posted on Facebook about the plan . . . and someone who was on strike realized the cookies were laced. So none of the striking workers ate the cookies . . . they just turned them over to the cops.
Bo and Rachel were both arrested and they’re both facing felony contamination charges.
Survey Says?! Win Raising Canes + Kearney Cinema 8!
According to a new survey, THIS is the top modern invention that has improved our lives the most.
More results . . .
- Washing machines.
- Online banking.
- Laptops. (Wait, online banking is more important than computers?)
- Wireless internet.
- Things like Keurig coffeemakers.
The Moore Yoou Knoow!
Random facts to feed your brain…
- Bonnie Tyler’s “Total Eclipse of the Heart” was originally supposed to be a vampire love story that would be part of the musical “Nosferatu”.
- There’s actually a phobia called consecotaleophobia (con-sec-o-tal-e-o-pho-bi-a) . . . where you’re afraid of CHOPSTICKS.
- There was once an American federal holiday called The Eighth, which commemorated the final battle of the War of 1812 on January 8th, 1815. It stopped being celebrated during the Civil War, and is now totally defunct.
- Banks could design money to look however they wanted until 1861, when the U.S. Treasury stepped in and standardized everything. Before that, special Christmas money was pretty common, including a lot of bills that featured pictures of Santa.
- The most racially diverse religious group in America is the Seventh-Day Adventists, followed by Muslims and Jehovah’s Witnesses.