The most ridiculous lies parents use to make their kids behave … Toyota patented a new feature that would spray thieves with tear gas … After one date, some jerk sent a woman a 15-point list of critiques … A drunk driver claimed Ryan Reynolds from “Deadpool” was driving …
Contests on the show…
- 7:20am Say What? (Amigos)
- 8:20am Survey Says?! (Raising Canes + Kearney Cinema 8)
- 9:30am Club KQ (Kearney Cinema 8)
The most ridiculous lies parents use to make their kids behave…
Having kids is tough. So sometimes you have to employ a few questionable parenting techniques. Someone online asked people to name the most ridiculous LIES their parents used to make them behave. Here are a few favorites…
- To make them stop eating in bed, someone’s parents told them that if they ate lying down, they’d turn into a snake.
- A woman wouldn’t eat beef when she was a kid, but loved chicken. So when her mom made beef, she claimed it was just “brown chicken.”
- A woman’s mom told her that if the ice cream truck was playing music, it meant they were OUT of ice cream.
- Someone’s mom told them that if they fell asleep with headphones on, their ears would explode.
- A guy loved to flip the lights on and off as a kid . . . until his parents said it would signal the cops, and they’d show up at their house.
- Someone’s mom claimed it was illegal to go see the same movie twice.
- A dad convinced his kids that the button in their car that turned the hazard lights on was actually an “eject” button.
Toyota patented a new feature that would spray thieves with tear gas…
Someone found a recent patent filed by Toyota for an automatic air freshener that would link to your phone, and fill your car with your favorite scent when you start driving.
But here’s the part we liked: According to the patent, the system might also double as an ANTI-THEFT device… and if someone tried to steal your car, it could automatically spray them with TEAR GAS.
Sadly, it doesn’t sound like they’ll be adding it to cars anytime soon. And obviously they’d want to perfect it before rolling it out… so it couldn’t be triggered accidentally while you were driving.
After one date, some jerk sent a woman a 15-point list of critiques…
A 24-year-old woman in England says she went on one date with a guy back around December. And three months later, he sent her a list of 15 ways she could IMPROVE herself.
It’s so brutal, some people think it’s fake and she just made the whole thing up. But she claims it’s VERY real.
Here are all 15 critiques. And the first half are all about her looks . . .
- “If you lost some weight, you’d look incredible.” He said about 20 or 30 pounds.
- He told her she looked really pale and that a fake tan wouldn’t hurt.
- Show more cleavage.
- “Wear clothes that suit your figure . . . so I’m not embarrassed to be seen with you.”
- “Dye your hair a normal color, and add extensions. Longer hair is more attractive.”
- Stop wearing so much make-up.
- Apparently on their date, she talked about how she got lip injections once and regretted it. But he told her she should get them again.
- “You need so much more confidence. Confidence is sexy.” (That’s a fun one right after seven insults in a row.)
- He said the fact that he didn’t get a kiss at the end of the night hurt his feelings. So she should be more sensitive and not be such a prude.
- He ripped on her for drinking a regular Coke instead of Diet, even though she ordered a salad.
- “Keep your past to a minimum. I don’t care [what] you went through.”
- “Get a sense of humor. You didn’t laugh at a single one of my jokes.”
- “You just seemed a bit stuck up. Sort your personality out.”
- “You made me feel bad when you offered to pay . . . like you thought I didn’t have enough money after I TOLD you how much was in my account.”
- “You didn’t compliment me once.” (So yeah . . . if that guy IS real, he’s obviously a keeper.)
A drunk driver claimed Ryan Reynolds from “Deadpool” was driving…
A 45-year-old guy in Wausau, Wisconsin named Brandon Ingram wrecked his car last Thursday night.
His blood alcohol level was about twice the legal limit, and this is at least the SEVENTH time he’s been caught driving drunk.
Anyway, when the cops arrested him, he admitted he was drunk. But he tried to claim he wasn’t the one driving, and said that the real driver was . . . RYAN REYNOLDS from the “Deadpool” movies.
He’s facing a fine of up to $25,000. And because he’s a repeat offender, he’s looking at up to 12-and-a-half years in prison.
Say What? Win Amigos!
Can you decode the lyrics? What’s the name of the song and who sings it?
Sun is down, freezin’ cold
That’s how we already know, winter’s here
My dawg would probably do it for a Louis belt
That’s just all he know, he don’t know nothin’ else
I tried to show ’em, yeah
I tried to show ’em, yeah, yeah
Yeah, yeah, yeah
Goin’ on you with the pick and roll
Young La Flame, he in sicko mode
[Bridge: Big Hawk & Swae Lee]
To win the retreat, we all in too deep
Pl-Pl-Playin’ for keeps, don’t play us for weak (Someone said)
To win the retreat, we all in too deep
Pl-Pl-Playin’ for keeps, don’t play us for weak
Survey Says?! Win Raising Canes + Kearney Cinema 8!
A new survey asked people all over the world to name their favorite type of cuisine. And the #1 answer in the U.S. was THIS.
91% of Americans said they like it. But the rest of the world thinks it’s just okay. Only 68% of foreigners who’ve tried our food think it’s good. (Although, people from the Philippines like it even MORE than we do somehow.)
The ten most popular types of food in the U.S. are American cuisine . . . Italian . . . Mexican . . . Chinese . . . Spanish . . . Japanese . . . Greek . . . French . . . Thai . . . and Caribbean food.
The ten most popular cuisines WORLDWIDE are Italian . . . Chinese . . . Japanese . . . Thai . . . French . . . Spanish . . . American in 7th place . . . Mexican . . . Indian . . . and Turkish cuisine. Food from Finland finished in last place.
(Technically Finland tied with Peru for last, but people in Peru weren’t part of the survey. So the fact that they couldn’t vote dragged their average down.)
The Moore Yoou Knoow!
Random facts to feed your brain…
- The biggest sale in Walmart history was made by Shaquille O’Neal. He spent $70,000 at one store when he was traded from Miami to Phoenix in 2008 and he bought everything for his new house there.
- There are two countries in the world that are “double landlocked”… meaning they’re landlocked, and all the countries AROUND them are too: Liechtenstein and Uzbekistan. (It’s pronounced ‘Lick-tun-stein.’)
- Snickers candy bars are named after a dead horse. Franklin Mars’ horse named Snickers died in 1930, just before he released the candy bar.
- World War Two had more deaths than any other war in world history. Somewhere between 65 million and 85 million people were killed, which was about 3% of the world’s population in 1940.
- The original plan for the movie “The Crow” was a musical starring Michael Jackson.